The project plan is a work-in-progress.
Some tactical goals include:
- Support static and dynamic builds of tclsh.
- Support NMake Makefiles and Visual Studio 6, 2003 (v7), 2005 (v8) and 2008 (v9).
- Support test targets.
- Support install target(s).
- Add linker options as used by the current tcl-core makefile.vc, for better compatibility.
- Generally improve the support provided in CMakeFiles.txt to be equivalent to the official makefile.vc (support all significant targets and build profiles and options).
- Use per-extension CMakeFiles in the pkgs/ folder. This will become the basis for COFFEE-enabled extensions.
- Build on Linux and/or FreeBSD as a proof-of-concept?